vendredi 22 mai 2015

Hannibal, S2 Ep 9/10

Hannibal, S2 Ep 9/10

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, as #TwoWeeksOfHannibal is coming to an end, here is the review for the next two episodes of the second season, Shiizakana and Naka-Choko. So, without any further ado, let's go, shall we ?

Shiizakana

"Must I denounce myself as a monster while you still refuse to see the one growing inside of you ?"
     We can see in this episode that Hannibal Lecter still likes to play with his pawns. He is a sort of catalyst for murderers and mental illness sufferers like Will, Myriam or Margot. When you know how many people got to go in his office as patients and never quite left the same, it reminds me of that "pattern" that Bedelia Du Maurier talked about earlier in the show. And of course, Hannibal now has to declare himself before bad things happen to him. But as shown in the beginning of the season, it's bound to happen anyway, am I right ?

"Typhoids and swans. It comes all from the same place."
     And, this episode's murderer is... a killer who believes he's an animal ! Wow, we see really bad things here on Hannibal. Anyway, this man teaches us about the basinc instincts of the human race and how we could become animals, or beasts, under special circumstances. I hope this is not too philosophical but my take on this is that he wanted to be as ferocious as the prehistoric beasts and then was manipulated by Hannibal to keep killing. I wonder why Lecter does this, but anyway... I start to believe that this special FBI team collect weird murderers in this TV show. Maybe they will be even more surprised the day when they catch Hannibal Lecter himself...

"I'm riddled with regrets.
- A life without regret would be no life at all."
     The deer/Hannibal's impression in Will's mind is still intact in the second season, and we can see that even when he's using his abilities to catch other killers. He still has this instinc of wanting to kill Hannibal Lecter, and while he's trying to find a solution to get him caught, he tries to be his friend to stay unharmed for the moment, because the last time he cried murder, he was sent to jail by Lecter himself, since he's unreachable. That's the reason for which Will expresses his regrets for not pulling the trigger when he had the chance of killing his enemy.

Overall impression : Really great episode, besides the uselessness of the FBI, as usual. Great time though, can't wait to see more !

Naka-Choko

"When you killed Randal, did you fantasize that you were killing me ?"
     As I said during the last episode, Will still wants to kill Hannibal, and when he was almost murdered by The Beast, he retaliated and killed him before sending him his corpse as "an even-Steven" situation. In the end of the episode, Will ends up killing Freddie and serves her meat to Hannibal Lecter because she had discovered the truth about him killing the Beast. Hannibal seems proud of what he's done with Will, like a mentor teaching to a student how to kill and become a cannibal ? Cannibal 101, by Hannibal Lecter ? That is a lesson I won't attend, thank you very much.

"I can't tell you what Margot's confessed to me. Fortunately for you, I can't tell anyone."
     We can see that in this episode, Margot gets to see Will Graham in his own house to talk about Hannibal Lecter. It appears that Lecter influences Margot to kill her brother, and she's decided to talk about it with Will to see if his situation is the same (and of course it is !). Hannibal gets to see Mason, Margot's brother, and buys a pig. Mason seems to be a sort-of psychopath or something because feeding human flesh to pigs locked in a maze is not really decent. As a vegetarian, I personnally felt really nauseous when watching that part of the episode.

"Whatever it is you're playing, Hannibal, you have to listen very carefully to what you're creating."
     Last but not least, I wanted to talk about that very weird sex scene in the middle of the episode (I'm very confused about sex in general, don't mind me). There are too many "relationships" in this TV show that I start to believe that it's just casual sex ! Anyway, after Will/Alana, we have since a couple of episodes Alana/Hannibal and Will/Margot. What will we get next ? I don't know, but I'm sure that all the things will change in the next couple of episodes... and maybe, if I can interpret things, we can see that Will saw Alana when he was with Margot and it bugs me because she was a great friend and support when he was in jail ? Like I thought that she could have been a lifeboat for him when he felt lost ? Anyway, got to end here before I go too far !

Overall impression : Now we see Will lying about his own murders and using his own gift to make himself look innocent, just like Hannibal... He's turning like him and I'm curious to know what will happen to him next... Great time anyway !

Okay, that's it for today ! I hoped you enjoyed this post and I will see you soon for the next one !

And as usual, our last word... KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire