dimanche 10 mai 2015

All my favourites

All my favourites

Hi everybody, Mary here.

As today is #DoubleSunday (a new thing of mine when I upload twice on Sundays), I wanted to finish this quick series of "Get to know me" with... a list of ALL my favourites !

Also, I'd like to take a couple of seconds to tell you that YES, my reviews will start TOMORROW (I decided to move my ass and do a schedule for the next four weeks) with #TwoWeeksOfHannibal (one for each season that's already out). So yes, stay tuned ! :3 But now, let's get into the topic, shall we ? *looks at list in mind, not even written on paper*

1) Favourite colour ?
Blue. Because it's the colours of the sky, the sea, my eyes *hehe*, the TARDIS, and many more things. Blue is a calm and peaceful colour, that relaxes me, the only colour that make my eyes sparkle (and I LOVE my eyes, let's point that out). For me, blue represents harmony, but also infinity (as the sky and the sea, from the human perspective, are infinite), and thus, liberty and adventure.

2) Favourite number ?
It's 3 ! *looks at pun to answer 3 at question 2 and laughs to self* No, really, it is. I don't really know why, but for me, this number sounds like a waltz. The beginning, the middle and the end. The Trinity (even if I don't personnaly believe in God or anything like that). It's a harmonious number. P.S. : When you know that my mum's favourite number is 6 and my brother's favourite number is 9, you can only tell yourself : "What a weird family you have there, Mary !" I like coincidences like that.

3) Favourite season ?
As for me, it's summer, just for the longer days (short days and the dark are really gloomy and they don't motivate you AT ALL), and the summer holidays *that I won't experience ANYMORE EVER* *cries a lot* spent at home watching movies, playing video-games, or just enjoying life when not stressed/anxious about school/work. Yes, fantastic time.

4) Favourite food ?
Pizza. If I could only eat ONE and ONLY ONE food for the rest of my like, it would me pizza. After all, you could put anything on it and still call it a pizza, am I right people ?

5) Favourite sweet ?
Chocolate (especially the dark one), anything chocolatey, really. Oh, also, almonds. I LOVE almonds and ALMOND CRACKERS and AMARETTI (Italian sweets made with bitter almonds). If you never had amaretti in your life, TRY THEM, they are DELICIOUS. *sorry for yelling like that, I just really love almonds and amaretti - please don't hit me*

6) Favourite actor/actress ?
Actor : David Tennant, of course. Favourite doctor, INCREDIBLE in Broadchurch *that I will talk about soon*, general FABULOUS person... I also like Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Peter Capaldi (a really good Doctor in my opinion), John Barrowman (MY captain Jack ! So GREAT !), David Duchovny (even if I HATED Californication and barely watched, like... five minutes of it before quitting, he was a great Mulder)... You see where my aesthetic goes...
Actress : Gillian Anderson (AWESOME Scully). I can't wait to see more of her work *Hannibal* *Crisis* *The Fall* *and SO much more*. I can't think of any other actress right now, but if you have any suggestion, please tell me. *smiles into infinity*

7) Favourite author ?
Stephen King. OBVIOUSLY. I only read a couple of his books (Dead Zone, The Shining, Doctor Sleep, It *which is a really long book in two parts by the way*...), and I also have bought more to be read this summer (The Tommyknockers and Misery), so... yes. He's my favourite because he has a writing style I don't find anywhere else, and when I read from him, I know that it's him. Period.

8) Favourite movie/T.V. show ?
Movie : The Schindler List, by Stephen Spielberg, with Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley, Ralph Fiennes, and more. Schindler's story made me really sad, and even cry at the end *not going to spoil* *just a little bit* because of the "I could have save JUST ONE MORE !" speech and the children going to his grave with their grand-parents that had been saved by him... It reminded me that sometimes, there is good in this world, even in the darkest moments.
T.V. show : Doctor Who !!! No questions asked. It's a WONDERFUL sci-fi show with happy moments, sad moments, angry moments, angsty moments, with human characters, that show us so many things, so many life lessons, and that shows us INCREDIBLE ADVENTURES and plots and... *Well, forget Moffat for now and focus on better directors. Maybe even classic ones ???*

10) Favourite book ?
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. I know, really classic and old-school, but the romance is amazing and... well, it's a wonderful love story. What else can I say about it ? Oh yes... The adaptation with Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender was also really great.

11) Favourite band/singer ?
My favourite band is Muse, but I also love other bands, such as Fall Out Boy, Green Day, Starset, Nine Inch Nails, but also Coldplay and Imagine Dragons. For singers, I have people such as Adam Lambert, Florence and the Machine and Marina and the Diamonds.

12) Favourite song/album ?
I don't really know about albums. I must be the only one to listen to music regardless of what albums they were produced in and, the most part, I don't even know in what albums they were released. I just pick what music I like and I keep it with me, I guess... But my favourite song is probably Monster by Imagine Dragons, as it is the song that resonates the most with my inner soul right now.

13) Favourite classic music composer ?
My favourite is Tchaikovsky. I remember as a kid when I recieved (was it me ? my brother ? one of my cousins ? don't remember) a book with the story of a little boy who had family problems, until he met a fairy lady that helped him solve his issues with his music (there was a C.D. to listen to the music at the same time). As I always had little, or big, problems with my family, and I hoped for things to be fixed, I really enjoyed that book. And the music, of course. He made great music, especially for ballets such as The Sleepong Beauty, The Nutcracker or even Swan Lake, and that's why he's my favourite ! *smiles*

14) Favourite ballet/opera/theatre play ?
Ballet : I know, not a famous ballet, but it's Giselle by Adolphe Adam (who composed the music), because it's a great romance and an overall great ballet to watch.
Opera : Andrea Chénier d'Umberto Giordano. Not a well-known ballet, but it's a ballet about the French Revolution, about the life of Andrea Chénier, a revolutionary killed during the Terror, about freedom, poetry, romance, and democracy, and justice, and... *swoons over Jonas Kaufmann's performance*
Theatre play : as a French person, I MUST talk about Molière, our greatest theatre writer/director/actor of all times (or at the very least, the most known here. He's kind of the French counterpart of Shakespeare in England if I may say so)... My favourite play from him is Les fourberies de Scapin. Very scholar as EVERYONE in French schools studied it at the very least once in their scholarship, but Scapin is indeed, a mad man. And even if I am a girl, I would LOVE to get his part one day. Maybe I'll get it, who knows ?

15) Favourite hobby/thing to do EVER ?
Just going on the Internet, watching some movies/T.V. shows, reading a book, going to see a theatre play/opera/ballet, listening to great music, play some video-games, eating great food... Or just deep conversations with open-minded people. I face too many biased people in my life and need more open-minded ones, just like me... Whatever.

Wow, THAT was a long post ! I hope you enjoyed it and you know me a little better already ! *sends hugs and flowers all over your place*. If you could.. I don't know, answer me with some of your favourites with #AllMyFavourites on my Twitter, it would be AWESOME !

Thanks for reading and I will see you tomorrow with my first post of #TwoWeeksOfHannibal !
And as usual, our last word... KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire