jeudi 21 mai 2015

Hannibal, S2 Ep 7/8

Hannibal, S2 Ep 7/8

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, as we keep going on #TwoWeeksOfHannibal, here is the review for the next two episodes of season two, Yakimono and Su-zakana. So, without any further ado, let's go, shall we ?

Yakimono

"You and I are part of his design. He wanted you to be free, wanted me to be free too.
- Neither of us are really free. He's not done."
     In this episode, as we see Myriam (I hope it's written that way) getting her arm replaced. We can see that she was manipulated by the Ripper (Hannibal, let's say it that way) until she completely was brainwashed. She hasn't recognized him when he got inteviewed by Alana Bloom and accused Frederick Chilton of being the Ripper. She even used her gun to kill him. We can see that Hannibal Lecter is the master of manipulating people and that he's not likely to stop. Will Graham is then told that he won't be really free until the Ripper is finally stopped. But as we have seen in the beginning of the season, there will be a fight scene between Jack Crawford and Hannibal Lecter. But when will it happen ? We will see it in this season...

"I have the same profile as Hannibal Lecter, same medical and psychological background. We are both doctors of note in our field. Of course, it would be me."
     As I said, Myriam accused Chilton of being the Ripper. The accusations were already a rumour in the Bureau, but as Hannibal has brainwashed her, it was easy for him to make her believe that Chilton was the Ripper. Then, he gets manipulated as well, when he had his doubts but played the game not to be noticed, and then got accused of the murder of Gideon that occured in his house along with the murder of numerous police officers killed by Lecter himself. Obviously, the two men were so similar in position and body type that Myriam got manipulated to accuse the wrong person and shoot him so that he doesn't talk anymore.

"I have to deal with you and my feelings about you. I think it's best if I do that directly."
     Last but not least, we can see Will Graham going back into therapy in this episode, and he said that he didn't want to kill Hannibal anymore. Maybe a new strategy of being more malicious and less upfront will allow him to breach the defenses in Hannibal's plan to get him and see the truth given to the world, and the authorities. We can see that Will has evolved since the beginning of the show, that he's more assured and more self-concious. He now stops shouting at everything and has started to plot things mre seriously. Maybe this strategy will be more effective ? While he works on the truth, he went back to work and tries his best to go back to a "similar"life.

Overall impression : Good turn on the plot after all the revelation done in the last episode, and noticeable ending that was really thrilling !

Su-zakana

"I don't wanna kill you, Dr. Lecter. Not now that I finally find you interesting."
     In this episode, we can see that there is a new dynamics between Hannibal, Jack, Alana and Will. Jack now suspects Hannibal, Will keeps making allusions to cannibals right in front of Hannibal, Alana is more and more distant, not only with Will but also with Jack because of her new relationship with Hannibal *God did I cringe so hard at the sex scene*... I feel like Crawford's character is less and less present in the show, that he's just here as a filler and that he just goes along whatever happens to him. He accepts Hannibal's judgment as truth without questioning it and it bugs me a lot.

"Peter... is your social worker inside that horse ?"
     And it's time for the murderer of this episode : someone who sewed (and I don't know if it's biologically possible) a living bird inside a dead man inside a dead horse. I don't know the bird survived for hours without any air, but anyway, the killer was an employee at a petshop (if it's the word) that had been manipulated by his social worker. The manipulator almost got killed by Will if not for the intervention of Hannibal. Anyway, a lot of life and death philosophical references are thrown around, as usual. When the two FBI agents freaked out because they thought the victim had a heartbeat, and thus was still alive, I couldn't believe my ears, God damn it. Are these people that bad in the FBI sometimes ?

"I'm a good fisherman, Jack.
- You hook 'em, I'll land 'em."
     And the last point of this episode is a new character, Margot (I checked out the spelling so I wasn't wrong), a woman abused by a man who wanted to see him dead. I think it's important to talk about her since she's quite mysterious and maybe will be the center of discussion of coming episodes ? I chose this quote to end this review, however, just to show that Jack is ready to do anything to get work done, even not by himself, and conforms to any opinion as long as they are valid. What will people think about Margot if she becomes a murderer ? I think that knowing that will be only a matter of time...

Overall impression : Another good episode, new characters that intrigue me, and even if the FBI gets on my nerves sometimes, it was a great episode.

Okay guys, that's ot for this post ! I hoped you liked it and I will see you very soon for the next one !

And as usual, our last word... KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire