mardi 19 mai 2015

Hannibal, S2 Ep 3/4

Hannibal, S2 Ep 3/4

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, as #TwoWeeksOfHannibal continues, here we are for the review of the next episodes in the second season, Hassun and Takiawase. So let's get started, shall we ?

Hassun

"Will hated every second of the work, he hated it. He didn't fake that, he hated and I kept him making him do it."
     For the first time, Jack Crawford publicly admits his guilt for having let Will Graham in the field despite all the things that happened to him during the last few months. As he also tries his best to save his wife still struggling with a lung cancer, he is torn between his duty for his friend, grieving his wife, having to deal with Hannibal Lecter, his own agent disobeying him, and many more. I believe that because he can't save his wife, he tries his best to keep Will Graham at bay, and using the excuse "he was saving lives" is enough to him to have kept him at work. One life broken, but how many saved, according to him ?

"When the fox hears the rabbit scream, he comes running - but not to help."
     The fact that this sentence was said by Hannibal Lecter himself makes me wonder : that the help he provided to Will Graham was not to help him, but indeed to manipulate him as a puppet in his hands, because like all his victims, he likes playing a character and transforming others in characters as well. That's the reason for which he is so fascinated not only by the exposure of crimes themselves, but by the killers themselves, because he believes that "the whole world is a big scene". Can't we see a similar sentence elsewhere ?

"I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it."
     The last very important point of this episode is the trial, obviously. Not only it is biased because of the judges firmly believing that Will is indeed guilty of the murders he was accused of, but the lawyers supposedly defending Graham come for the major part from the FBI. Add a psychiatrist that doesn't trust him and might me working with Hannibal (if not manipulated by him too), and you have a brilliant idea of the American justice. As someone who's French, I've always seen this kind of trials as a show-off : who has the best arguments, the best evidence, the best lawyers can win. Injustice is thus prevalent. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Overall impression : Very good episode, but I feel like the more I watch, the more I see the FBI agents as blind puppets in Hannibal's hands. Anyway, great time !

Takiawase

"Don't say Hannibal Lecter.
- I'm saying Hannibal Lecter."
     As we see more and more murders happening still even when the accused, Will Graham himself, is locked in jail, we can't keep joking around and I thought that Hannibal would be sort-of monitored or inspected. But not at all ! Another persona is created. It is believed that a second copycat is running in the wild. When you know that the copycat has been running all along, I can't wait for the formal apologies done to Will not only because of this false accusations, but also because of the bad treatment he recieved at the FBI for the past months, causing his mental health to deteriorate. However, as Will tries to be heard when saying the truth, he is still not believed, and for him, that's the most frustrating thing that could happen to him.

"He was inducing the seizures, he was encouraging them. The blackouts, the lost time... it was strategic, it was planned."
     In this episode, we can also see Will Graham recovering some memories (I'm pretty sure that some others will come along the way). We now know that Hannibal purposedly did things that are pretty questionable to him (such as creating encephalitis) and that he was more organized that everybody thought he was. We can see when he keeps killing (another body shoved in antlers, might be him), and *I think* sends him an ear to kind-of reminding of what he has done. After the really bad memory of Abigail's ear shoved down his throat, we can see more bad stuff Hannibal has done to him. But to what extent did it go ? What about Abigail's body ? I think we will discover that soon...

"The Chesapeake Ripper kept surgical trophies. If Hannibal's the Ripper, what he's doing with his trophies ?
- He's eating them."
     And the big revelation of this episode is... well, not a revelation. But now Will knows that Hannibal is the Ripper, and that he eats his victims. I suggest that if some stomach analysis are done, we could see human remains, right ? Anyway, Beverly Katz (I found her name again) is now in a dangerous position after going unnoticed in Hannibal's house and discovering some organs. What a cliffhanger to end with ! I think that she will go into a lot of trouble... And when we know that if she had left the house unnoticed and brought back the organs to Jack, everything could have been corrected. But I don't think that will happen...

Overall impression : Another great episode, but what a cliffhanger ! I will see the rest soon, but I don't know what I would hae done if I had had to wait for an entire week to see the rest.

Okay, that's it for today ! I hoped you enjoyed this post and I will see you very soon !

And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire