dimanche 21 juin 2015

Childhood Story #1

Childhood Story #1

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, here is the second article I had promised yesterday, for my #DoubleSunday, and it's a Childhood Story, the very first one (olé olé !!!). So, without any further ado, let's get started !

Those Times When We Wrecked The Place

(ft my cousins because we were such a bunch of weird kiddos)

So, yeah. I had a life before my depression. *sighs* My dad used to take care of me, and that included the trips to my grandma (his mother), and me seeing my cousins all the time because they were there too. Apparently, as a kid, I was kind of a tyrant to them ? Like I was making them do stuff and things like that ? *hahaha*

So, I went to see my two cousins, the older, a guy, one being my age (only two months younger than me, and I would tease him about it all the time) and the youngest being a girl five yeard younger than us (if I remember correctly lol). During Wednesday afternoons, after my dancing class, my dad would pick me up, drive me to my grandma's house (where my cousins were already), and we would talk, eat something sweet (usually bread with Nutella), and plays some things before they would leave and I would too (my parents are divorced and I would go back to my mother's house). Even if it was quite short (around an hour spent around the table whining about the fact that we weren't allowed to spend more time together lol), it was the best time of the week and I would always look up for it. Whenever my dad couldn't pick me up, I would be legit upset before going back home (my dance classes were at a gymnasium five minutes away from home by walking and I would often walk anyway because nobody was at home anyway).

 We would also meet in the summer holidays because I would spend the first two weeks of July and August at my dad's home and he would drop me at my grandma's house where I would stay with my cousins for a week (and if I remember correctly, sometimes two weeks). Sometimes, I would arrive before my cousins and spend a day and a night alone with my grand-parents and I would spend the whole day after waiting for their arrival in the end of the afternoon. We would do anything stupid to entertain ourselves (let's say that my gran is a sort-of Rotschild with a big house and a big garden and a pool and a tennis field and many ther things). Our gran would make eat us *always potatoes hahaha* at seven and wanted us going to bed at eight (still daytime so we were too excited to go to bed anyway) so my cousins whined to watch their favourite T.V. show (that was crap anyway, it was just to avoid going to bed) and go to the swimming pool afterwards (because it was too hot during the day to go outside anyways). So we ended up going to bed at nine thirty and still, we would talk in one of our bedrooms, usually until ten thirty when we were too exhausted and went back to bed (my cousins used to sleep in my dad's former room and I would sleep in my aunt's former room, I don't know how the rooms were given since I always preferred my dad's room but I guess I got used to my aunt's room in the end). We has also built a treehouse in a hole made in the tree hedge and ate a whole box of candies when we were supposed to only eat a couple (but seriously, mint candies are AWESOME ! And then we tried to hide the box upstairs in the playroom but gran found out and yelled at us while we were running outside towards our treehouse hahaha !). Anyway, our summers were just the best. *nostalgic tears ensue*

And last but not least, I would spend Christmas' eve with my dad at our gran's house and Christmas day at my mother's house so not only I would open my first gifts in advance, but I would get to spend the ENTIRE evening with my cousins because my aunt and her husband would come to have a family dinner. I would set up the perfect outfit for the night (some black trousers, a white shirt and a red cardigan that I would never wear in ANY other day of the year because it was the "special Christmas cardigan"), and we would have the most perfect night EVER.

Anyway, my cousins were pretty close until the age of eleven when my aunt and my dad got in an argument they NEVER told me about, and I haven't seen them since. So, yeah, some nostalgia was set up tonight hahaha ! What about YOU ? Do you have cousins ? Are you in good terms with them ? Please tell me in the comments below !

Okay, that's it for today, I hope that you enjoyed this post and I will see you very soon with another one, I hope !

And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire