mardi 2 février 2016

The X-Files Revival #3

The X-Files Revival #3

Hi everybody, Mary here !

So, here's the review for the third episode in the revival ! Without any further ado, let's get started, shall we ?

Mulder And Scully Meet The Were-Man

So, basically, this is the story of a lizard that can transform into a man, and not the opposite.

This lizard was bit by a human and then started transforming into a human and behaving like one, and he's got an existential crisis or something.

I literally only noticed three things during this episode : the first one is, obviously, the were-man that basically gave me an existential crisis during the graveyard scene, and who's a confused lizard who doesn't know why humans behave like humans, and how boring and unsignificant their lives must be. The act of having his first thought, the concept of death itself, and other things made me question my life, a little bit. But I know I'm happy and going where I want, so I'm not stressed out too much.

The second idea was about Mulder & Scully vs the new technologies like a fully functionng Internet & smartphones. Basically, it's very funny to see people, twenty years ago, who didn't even have any cellphones, to them getting cellphones (remember that episode where the electronics basically killed everyone or pushed people to suicide ?), and now, smartphones. Wow. So much progress in technology over the last twenty-ish last years. And it's not over yet, guys !!! (if we get more episodes in the future, let's say.)

Finally, the third idea was about the new dog, Dagoo. Years after Scully tragically lost Queequeg *rip poor soul*, she's getting another dog, named after a Moby Dick character. Coincidence ? I think not... and Scully isn't ready to give up on the Moby Dick aesthetic. Also, did she just say that she's immortal ? Is it a joke or is it real though ? I thought she didn't believe in things like this... "escaping the laws of science"... nah, it must be a joke. I hate immortal characters, I can't relate to them, and they'll probably outlive me, so I'm not very happy about it. Gives me anxiety about my own death, one day. Tragic, isn't it ? They are fictional, and yet, the pain they cause me is very real...

In the end, a very anxiety-inducing episode, not very willing to watch it again, and I hope that the next episode will be a little lighter. (When are the aliens coming back btw ???)

Okay, that's it for today ! I hope you liked this episode and I'll see you very soon with something new, eventually !!!

And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire