lundi 5 décembre 2016

Advent Calendar #5 : Santa's Little Helper, Part 4

Advent Calendar #5 : Santa's Little Helper, Part 4

(ily Sara <3)

Morgan and Rudolph, not having any other choice
Agreed to take the polar bear with them.
Her name was Sandra, and her biggest wish,
Was to work for Santa Claus, too.

"I've always wanted to help him
Bring the gifts around the houses,
And go around the world, she said.
But apparently, it's not a job for me."

"They only take reindeers in,
And our strength is only used
For manual work, like weightlifting,
Our brains and minds are never taken into account."

"That's sad, Morgan said. I mean, us frogs never even see
The Christmas palace, because we're refused there.
I really hope there's a job for me there,
Even though I don't know what I can do."

Sandra explained her life to her newly made friends,
And told them the story of how she became a railroad worker
Because the elves refused her an interview.
Since then, she's always wanted to be a Carrier.

"Apparently, the test to be a Carrier is the hardest,
Rudolph explained. Even if you're in a family of Carriers,
You're not sure to be made into one.
It's really work and dedication that will take you there."

"And I will prove myself, Sandra replied,
We all will, because we want to help Santa
Deliver the gifts to all the children around the world,
Don't we ?"

"Yay ! Hurray for the Christmas Spirit !"
The two other animals cheered while going on their way.
In front of them, a train was going northwards
To the Palace, and towards Santa.

256 words.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire