mardi 22 septembre 2015

Why faith is my #1 value

Why faith is my #1 value

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, here's another sh*tty yet very personal post by yours truly. So, in one of my lessons at my business school, we were asked « But what's your most important value ? ». And then, I thought about faith. Yes, even if I'm an atheist, I am still convinced that faith is my #1 value.

Wanna hear why ?

Well, it's because faith is SO MUCH MORE than just religion (and by that I mean the cultural and spiritual practice done by people believing in superior entities and who follow rules dictated by them). See, I don't believe in nothing : I believe in myself, in my friends, my family, my loved ones... Faith is what make people hope for better things to come, trust new people to change their loves for good, and it makes them believe.

It also means that you have to be faithful : share things with people, don't stay in your little corner when you need help. People are here and they will stay for you. Being faithful is staying during times of danger, hurt, loneliness, sadness. It's showing affection to those in need. It means charity, it means being generous, it means being kind.

It also means being tolerant and open-minded. Accept diversity, embrace it. Treating your neighbour the way you want to be treated. And in the end, it also means accepting yourself. Being different is not a flaw ; it's a personality. It's called being YOU. If you can accept things when it comes to others, you can accept the same thing when it comes to you, am I right ?

So, in the end ? I may be an atheist, but I'm not faithless. I believe in you. YES, you, reading this post at this very moment. It's time to believe in yourself as well, don't you think ?

Anyways, that's it for today, I really hope that you enjoyed this post and I'll see you very soon with a new one !


And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire