samedi 25 juin 2016

I'm #ProudToBe queer

I'm #ProudToBe queer

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, a couple of days ago, in the wake of the Orlando shooting that affected Latinx and black LGBTQ+ folks, a video was made by the YouTube spotlight in order to empower the LGBTQ+ community and defend and validate our own identities, by giving a spotlight for LGBTQ+ content creators to talk about their identities and their story.

And HOLY HECK THE STRAIGHTS CAN'T EVEN SH*T THE F*CK UP FOR LIKE MORE THAN A F*CKING SECOND.

So much hate has been spread around, on this video's comment section and among other #ProudToBe videos that were uploaded by LGBTQ+ content creators.

There are even more dislikes than likes in these videos holy sh*t. Why can't you let our community mourn the latinx and black lives that were lost and grieve and hope this will never happen again ?

Why do you feel the need to hate our community, especially during these tragic events, during Pride month, a month of celebration of our identities and our pride to be who we are ?

So, (a little bit late yes but it's better than never), I'll tell you why I'm #ProudToBe queer.

Because I discovered identifiers that describe me, my sexuality and my gender.

Because I am a pan-demi romantic asexual non-binary person who is damn proud of every little label that, like puzzle pieces, form the art that is me.

Because I am proud of my community, of everyone who is in it, and of the support we give each other, especially in times of trouble.

Because I love destroying the gender binary and heterosexism and cissexism.

Because I've been scared for too long to live the rest of my life this way.

Because my identity is no other than beautiful, valid, and something to be immensely proud of.

Because I am me, and no one can change that. Ever. <3 <3 <3

Alright, this was a little bit short, but yeah ! I'm here, I'm queer, get used to it.

I will see you soon with another post soon.

And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire