lundi 25 janvier 2016

The X-Files Revival #1

The X-Files Revival #1

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, YEEPEE !!! The X-Files are back ! Isn't everyone happy to see this magnificent TV show coming back after 14 years with no new episodes ?

Because I am.

Anyways, without any further ado, let's get started with the review of the first episode out of six !!! Let's go back... to The X-Files !!!

My Struggle

First of all, I'm SUPER-DUPER glad to see the original opening and ending credits coming. It shows that the show is still the same.

Secondly, I'm super happy to see our favourite characters coming back. But if there's something g that I hate very deeply, is that they seem to be changing the entire plot to make sure that there'll be something new to watch.

Like, I was pretty sure that the truth from the end of season nine (2002) was THE truth ? Like, aliens colonising the Earth, helps by villain men, and hat was it. I thought the revival would be about the actual invasion and William's story, although they'll talk about it as well.

Tod and Sveta were good additions, and added more mystery, and the connection to William (I'm pretty sure we'll see him soon). And the conspiracy of men is also a great idea.

But at the same time, there won't be any aliens ??? If I understood correctly, these villain men have the technology to breed hybrids and use alien stuff (which concludes the paragraph : Scully being abducted and remembering men in Season 5), and then rule the world. But are they doing it for the aliens who came by in 1947 in Roswell, afraid we would "ruin ourselves" with the nuclear weapon ?

I mean, if I were the aliens, I'd let humans destroy each other. But since they need the women to have their babies and can't have their babies without them, they have to protect their surrogates, right ?

And then rule the world with their Black Oil while letting the villain men get away with the antidote ?

So the original season nine truth is the same as the revival ? Nothing has changed ?

Everything that was supposed to be new and original has already been told to us in the nine previous seasons ?

Who does Chris Carter thinks he is ?

I'm very very very extremely confused. Please someone help me because I watched the episode with ten trillion assholes around me making the most noise possible at my business school.

Anyways, I'm leaving this for now. I'll see you tomorrow with the next review of the second episode (wow, they're REALLY spoiling us for this 14-year-old wait !!!!!).

And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire