lundi 31 août 2015

Childhood Story #4

Childhood Story #4

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, here it comes ! Another Childhood Story ! As September comes to a beginning tommorow, I wanted to send some good luck to all of those going back to school even if they do not want to go back for some reason, or even for no reason at all, and, since I actually liked September, at times, here is the reason why September should be the month for new starts, new opportunities, and new experiences for your entire life.

Those Times When I Actually Liked September

Actually, this reason is not even related to work, or to Pumpkin Spice Lattes that you can buy at your local Starbucks. It's not because of Halloween because it's in October, and not for winter because it's not cold enough yet. So, what is the reason, you may ask ? Well, it's because of...

MOTHERF*CKING. ALMONDS. Nothing else, really.

Every year, since I was a child, a couple of days before going back to school, we used to go, my mom, my little brother and I, to my uncle's house, to say hello before we would go back to school. My uncle lives in the countryside with his now wife and kids, and he has a big almond tree next to the porch of the house. So, as we would be hungry all the time, my brother and I would climb that tree, pick up some almonds, break the shells with two rocks and eat the almonds. In the end, our mother told us that we should always ask our uncle before taking them as we would sometimes take them every time we went to the countryside, whether he was there or not.

Sometimes, we would be invited in my uncle's house, and with his wife, we would make some cakes with these almonds. We would put them in boxes, leave some for my uncle and his wife, and take the rest with us back home where we would eat them for a snack, and they were delicious. Now, I don't even remember the recipe and I am vegan, so I have to find another recipe (and an oven, since I live alone without one now), but other than that, yes, there were MARVELLOUS. AMAZING. YUM-YUM, me says.

And there would be years when we wouldn't have the time to go there before going back to school, or we would go later than expected because we were busy with life... so I would be a motherf*cking b*tch and keep whining until my mom would tell me if we were going, and if so, when we would go, because these almonds are delicious. Even now, I eat almonds that I buy at the grocery store, but believe me, they are nothing compared to my uncle's almonds. And when we wouldn't go and miss the almond season, and my uncle would tell me that all the almonds are either gone or eaten, I would cry a lot. And now that the tree is sick, I am very worried about it dying, because there would be no almonds. Very sad, me thinks.

So, yes. I ACTUALLY liked September. When all the kids would be stressed to go back to school and have to work again, I would just be patiently waiting for my delicious almonds. Of course I was as stressed as all the other kids to go back to school, if not more than them ; but I would focus on the positive, the almonds, and I was happy to know that there was something good to wait for in September. Even such a little thing as almonds.

In the end, the moral of the story is that if you're stressed about September, going back to school, thinking about it all the time will not solve the problem. What can help you, however, is thinking about something good, even a little thing, that will make September easier for all of you.

And remember : I've read somewhere that the stress and anxiety level of high-school students nowadays is equal to the one experienced by mental asylum patient in the 1950's. So stay healthy, stay motivated, little students out there, because it won't last. I promise.

Okay, that's it for today ! I hope that you enjoyed this little story and I will see you very soon with another one !


And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire