vendredi 9 octobre 2015

The Uncanny Fail #5

The Uncanny Fail #5

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, today, I'm here to talk about another fail of mine ! Yay for originality !

Anyways, I just wanted to tell you my experience... of being left-handed. So here we go !

The Left-Handed Life

(Or : how the fact that you have a different dominant hand and being in that minority will F*CK YOU UP for LIFE.)

So, a couple of facts about left-handed problems that actually exist and are considered as discrimination :
- Being left-handed was considered, for a very long time, to be "friends with the devil". In schools, left-handed people were forced to act like their right-handed peers to conform to the society's norms, that dictated that being left-handed was called "rebellion", "non-conforming", basically, evil.
- I don't know about you, but let's look at the words left and right for a second. Left is also the past tense of the verb to leave. Basically, left-handers were left out, while being right-handed was considered... to be right. In French, we have gauche and droite. The French expression "être gauche" means "to be a little clumsy". Droit/droite is also an adjective to say "straight" (like a straight line). In Italian, we have sinistra and destra, derivated from the Latin dexter (which means right), and sinistra, which means sinister. No wonder why left-handers were considered to be friends with the devil himself.
- Only 10 % of the population is left-handed. We are literally derivating from the norm.
- Objects/products marketed towards left-handers are usually more expansive than the EXACT SAME PRODUCTS made for right-handers. Economic stuff, quite basic, because less people buying = individual costs more expansive = higher prices.

Now, my personal fails, so you can swallow that pill better !
- GODDAMN SCISSORS COME AT ME & I'LL FIGHT YOU (seriously though, now I cut everything with my right hand, since I've been CONDITIONED to do so).
- THIS COOKING THINGY WOULD WORK IF IT WERE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION (but no this is made for right-handers hahaha).
- OH GOD I BURNED MYSELF WITH THE IRON AGAIN WTF (because it was on the wrong side for me as a left-handed person).
- HOW DO YOU FOLLOW A TUTORIAL ON YOUTUBE/FOLLOW THE ADVICE OF A FRIEND TO DO YOUR HAIR/MAKE-UP WHEN THEY'RE LITERALLY ALL RIGHTIES AND YOU'RE A LEFTY THOUGH ??? (really it's been bugging me a lot so if any lefty wants to show me how to do stuff it'll help thanks).
- HOW DO YOU PLAY ON CONSOLES AS A LEFTY THOUGH ??? (like how do you use the pad on a tactile screen/use the controllers made for righties when there's no mode ever for lefties ???).

Anyways, that's it for today ! I really hope that you enjoyed this post and I'll see you very soon with another one !

And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire