lundi 5 octobre 2015

Powercry

Powercry

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, today I'm going to talk about a subject that I've always wanted to talk about : Powercry, and why it's important to let yourself cry when you're sad.

Some people are in touch with their emotions. Others aren't. But when you're bottling up your emotions and trying to avoid them, you end up snapping out in the end.

For my entire life, I've been told not to cry. I was forbidden to laugh too hard, to yell too loud, or to cry visibly. My family has taught me to bottle things inside me and very often, I would be crying myself to sleep. I wouldn't show them my emotions and I would appear as a stuck-up, heartless, soulless, emotionless bitch.

I remember, at the age of 15, I was going back from a trip to Canada with my family. My uncle had picked us up and we were going back from the airport to the house. My little brother and I were sharing jokes and laughing like monkeys covered in laughing powder. Our mom ended up yelling at us and telling us to stop laughing for the rest of the trip. We didn't laugh for the rest of the day.

So, I'm here to tell you : it's okay to cry. Actually, it's even therapeutic. By releasing your emotions with just a ten-minute crying, you're releasing all the pressure you've been accumulating during all this time and that you were trying to avoid until you would break down and throw a tantrum, very often at someone that didn't deserve it.

I mean, I've been crying myself a lot lately. There's a lot of pressure going from all sides, my new life in a business school is hella hectic and I'm still lonely and friendless as before. And I'm not going to lie : I've been crying myself to sleep a lot lately.

But I'm not ashaled of this. Actually, I feel a lot better after this. And usually, a little breakdown is way better than a big one. After a little powercry, I usually give myself a treat, I go on the Internet to find something distracting and funny to laugh a little.

Oh, and also, if you're doing this too, please don't forget : HYDRATE YOUSELF after a powercry. Crying dehydrates you and you need water to recharge yourself. Also, have some bananas for the potassium. When you cry, not only you lose water, but you lose also potassium (just like when you sweat, actually *gross mental picture ahead*). Some banana chips are a very sweet and healthy snack to treat yourself.

Just remember : ALLOW YOURSELF TO FEEL. LET YOUR EMOTIONS OUT. BE IN TOUCH WITH ALL YOUR EMOTIONS NO MATTER GOOD OR BAD.

And last but not least : if you're going through a hard time right now, remember : THIS WON'T BE THIS BAD FOREVER. Good days are ahead, just waiting for you. You just have to see them.

Okay, that's it for today ! I really hope that you enjoyed this post and I'll see you very soon with another one !

And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire