mercredi 14 septembre 2016

Internalised Biphobia

Internalised Biphobia

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So today, I will be talking about internalised biphobia.

I really want to address the internalised biphobia I've been dealing with for the past couple of months and I wanted to talk about it to vent a little.

I am a part of many fandoms and to be honest, the amount of biphobia I have encountered in the fandoms and especially when it comes to "headcanoning" (a.k.a. believing that a specific character is X gender or Y sexuality) is astounding.

Let's talk about the specific things I have encountered in my traven through "headcanoning" and "ship wars" to be fucking honest :

1) There's a woman whose sexuality isn't specified in the show. She has been shown to be attracted to men and potentially to women (because of course non-binary people don't exist and pan people don't exist either lmao).

No one says anything until bi women just claim her as bi, proving their point by showing off that she has been attracted to multiple genders and she's very likely to be bi herself. And then, of course, the "fandom wars" happen, blabla, the lesbians are like "no she's a lesbian !!!!1!1!1!!1! COMPULSORY HETEROSEXUALITY* !!!1!1! if she isn't straight she must be gay !!1!!!1!"

*(term I hate because it was coined by a TERF, Adrienne Rich)

I am so damn fucking mad at this because I have seen canonically bi women erased and portrayed as lesbians when they ARE NOT !!!!! (remember the Korrasami ship and meme created by bi women, stolen by lesbians, and then lesbians have the audacity to say that they created the ship in the first place and that bi women have "stolen" the meme from them lmao ?)

2) When lesbian/gay people just accuse bi people (and to be fucking honest ace people too) of "stealing lesbian/gay memes" lmao ????? like what the fuck ????? where in the fuck can you call this "appropriation" when you're fucking white ? Petition for all white people to never use the word "appropriation" ever again because this is shitting on people of colour who have seen their lands, their culture and everything else appropriated from them by white people tbh.

3) When you combine 1) and 2), you end up with something very fucking nice that is called internalised biphobia. I have been dealing with this for some time now and I would love to talk about it right now !

a) I have been headcanoning more people as gay or lesbian than bi because I now always seem to see gay/lesbian people as "more pure", "more queer" and "more interesting" in their attractions than bi people. And it sucks.

b) I have tendencies of seeing myself as "lesser" than gay/lesbian people, that  I am "just the silver to their gold", that I am "a second-class queer", and that I don't deserve as much support as gay/lesbian people, just because I could just "turn straight" and then have "the straight lifestyle" (which I will never have thanks).

c) I have seen gay/lesbian people tell me to shush, to only accept the "conditional support" that I can recieve if I "look queer enough", and that I should "stop complaining about bi erasure" or bi representation that is seen as gay/lesbian when it isn't.

d) I am tired of seeing not only all m/m or all f/f couple being described as "gay" or "lesbian", when you don't even know if both parties are gay/lesbian, or even all these videos about achillean or sapphic stuff being called "gay" or "lesbian" stuff when it affects all achillean/sapphic people.

e) I AM TIRED OF SEEING BI PEOPLE SEEN AS LESS THAN GAY/LESBIAN PEOPLE OKAY ????? The "I hope they're gay. Or at the very least bi." doesn't cut it. It needs to stop. I am not a "second-class queer". I am not something you pick because "pure gold star gays" aren't available. I am not "partially gay". I am not "half-gay, half-straight". I am 100% pan and I love it.

And if you can't accept that, then well : FUCK YOU.

That's it for now. I am so angry right now.

I will see you with another post.

And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire