jeudi 15 septembre 2016

France Is Not Your Pawn For Your Islamophobia

France Is Not Your Pawn For Your Islamophobia

(Disclaimer : I am not a Muslim and therefore not a victim of islamophobia, but I am French and I try very hard to support my Muslim siblings, however if I made any mistake or something shitty please tell me !)

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, recently I watched a couple of videos about US politics and what Trump supporters say versus what Clinton supporters say, and all these videos that remind everyone of how Trump is very bad and you shouldn't vote for him...

And there is one specific thing I particularly dislike among Trump supporters and something they say, especially to support their islamophobia and how Trump wants to ban all Muslim people from entering the country.

It's "look at France though, they let in Muslims and now they're under attack from terrorism !", "if that woman was braless in France, she would be raped by a bunch of Muslim people !", "look at France being invaded by Muslims !", "look at France, that Muslim country where people are forced to comply to their Muslim invadors !", "France is the example that shows why Muslims are terrorists and shouldn't be let in our beautiful country of the USA !"...

And as an actual French person, here I am to debunk this blatant islamophobia.

Here are a few true facts about France :

1) We only have 5 million Muslim people out of what, 65-70 million French people ? We aren't invaded. That's not a lot. Sure, it is the second largest religion, but remember the first one is Christianity. Does that mean we should beware of "the Christian invasion" ?????

2) We are not ruled by Muslims/their "law", we aren't "complying to some made-up invadors", and we aren't "threatened" by Muslim people. I work with them, I do my groceries alongside them, they are my mailman, my cashier, my baker, they are normal people living normal lives. Not once in my life have I been threatened by a Muslim person while doing literally anything in my life. Wow, what a concept.

3) If you can't differenciate DAESH/Al-Qeida from Islam, then I am sorry to break it to you but suddenly I can't make the difference between the KKK/the Westboro Baptist Church and Christianity. Don't ask me why this is flawed, I just apparently am down to your level of generalisation, hate and ignorance ! Wow ! Fucking amazing ! /sarcasm

4) France is, although very islamophobic, trying to accept Muslim people more and more everyday. Sure we have a lot of work to do and we're very shitty people. But our government is here to remind us to be proud of our cultural and religious diversity, that makes our country unique and beautiful. And we're trying to progress. Slowly, but surely. I have hope in this country and its people. We can do it.

Basically, France is not your pawn for your islamophobia. I am an actual French person living in France right now and I can assure you that I would welcome all Muslim people who wish to live here. I am not afraid of some stereotype that silly people like you made up to "justify" your blatant hatred.

I am not your pawn for your hatred against Islam. French people are not your pawns for your vile, disgusting hate. It's disrespectful for all French people, for Muslim people, and especially French Muslims, who deserve so much better than your bullshit.

I. AM. NOT. YOUR. PAWN.

Okay, that's pretty much it for now, I hope you enjoyed this post and I will see you very soon with a new one !

And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire