lundi 21 mars 2016

The Productive Day

The Productive Day

Hi everybody, Mary here.

So, a couple weeks ago, I downloaded this app for the mentally ill people called BoosterBuddy™, and since, I've used it everyday, as a sort of lifeline, to be able to confess my mood and do some little tasks to make me feel better about myself. And as much as I wanted to be totally honest with my « checking-in » (that I usually do everyday right after work), I realised something about my mood.

That my mood is related to my productivity on that day.

Basically, the most work I get done (no matter if it's the important stuff or the completely useless tasks), the better I'll see my mood. I'll see myself in a more positive way if I check more things on a list (even if it's not the things I need to get done), and sometimes, I'll even invent myself useless tasks just for the mere feeling of « getting things done ».

Living in a world where our value and our position in society is measured by our productivity and the things we manage to get done in a limited amount of time, is truly a world that is terribly ableist, and your productivity/the things you managed to get done in a day shouldn't determine your worth to society and people around you.

It's like, if I get many things done during the day, I'll consider my day to be good. If I don't do many things, I'll consider my day to be a « loss day ». Especially with the arrival of new technologies that improved our productivity, we are constantly told to be present 24/7, to be constantly capable of doing everything and anything, and people take work home more and more often. They don't even have me-time, time to relax and chill.

So, if you're thinking about all of this, maybe you should take a break. After all, people in the past weren't required to be functional all the time, why would you right now ?

Go watch that movie. Visit the friends you've always wanted to talk to. Take a walk in the park that smells so good. Or just chill in your bed while watching YouTube. You probably need some rest. Your productivity shouldn't be the measure of your worth.

Because you don't need that to prove your worth. Your only existence is already proof of your infinite worth and that's it.

Alright, that's it for today ! I really hope you enjoyed this post and I'll see you very soon with a next one !


And as usual, our last word : KIDNEYS !

1 commentaire:

  1. It's not easy to live in a world where our value and our position in society is measured by our productivity/. Moreover, we are limited by time we were given to do something special. Read http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/10-tips-how-to-determine-your-ideal-productive-hours-of-day, and see how to determine your ideal working hours!

    RépondreSupprimer